Sunday, November 04, 2012
Still here!
I haven't posted recently, but not because I'm not involved in projects.  I'm probably involved in too many projects, and not getting any done!!!

I'm still working on weaving my nephews prayer shawl.  I love the fabric I'm creating, but my back has been hurting so my weaving time is limited

I'm still working on the lovely shawl, but my eye has been bothering me and it isn't easy to see my stitches, so I'm making mistakes.  :(

I found an amazing post stitch crochet sweater to make, and I love the pattern.  I followed the instructions for the 6 month size, but despite my gauge appearing to be correct, the sweater turned out tiny!  It's more like a take me home from the hospital and then hand this down to another newborn because I'll outgrow it in a week size.  I hate frogging though, so I omitted the hood and the sleeves, and just completed it as a vest.  Then I immediately started a larger version using the 9 month size and a larger hook.  Hopefully this one will be better.

I haven't yet blocked it or sewn on the buttons, but this gives you an idea of what it will look like.  The larger version will be hooded and have sleeves.

I plan to donate this to Marine Corps Kids and thinking of sending it to Germany where they will need really warm items for the babies.




2 Comments:

Anonymous sandy said...

The sweater vest is adorable. Too bad about the size. What pattern did you use? Hope your back and eyes improve soon. Trying now my 3rd captcha...speaking about not being able to see, could I nudge you to get rid of it. Errr, going now for the 4th try.

Blogger Wormie said...

Guess the fourth time was the charm, Sandy.

I am making a larger sweater like the vest posted - this one with the hood and sleeves. I got the pattern on ravelry - it was designed by Crochet Kim. I'll have to find the pattern and post the link.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG