Sunday, August 26, 2012
Off the Loom
It's been about a year since I finished a project on my loom.  I started a shawl many  many months ago, but then I got involved in a bunch of crochet and knit projects and sort of neglected it.  A few months ago, I had a bulging disk in my spine, and I wasn't physically able to bend over my loom.  Today, I decided it was time to finish this shawl because this one was going to be for me!!! 

I purchased the yarn with a gift certificate I won last year in an auction, and I just love the colors and texture of the yarn!   The fabric it created is gorgeous, and I love the finished product - except, that I ran out of yarn long before I had a long enough shawl.  Sadly, I will not be able to enjoy this piece.

While it is not large enough to be a shawl, it is long enough to serve as a nursing cover.  I will therefore donate this to Marine Corps Kids, and hope that one of the nursing moms loves this fabric as much as I do.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG