Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Try, try again

I have been making a lot of small scale knitting projects to give as holiday gifts. I'm really enjoying the knitting and have made some pretty things that I'm proud of. I'll post photos after the holiday.

I was trying to make a baby blanket for my great-niece, Cecilia, and that hasn't been so successful. I was pretty proud of my progress. This was my first large scale project, and it was going pretty well. I made a mistake fairly early on, and didn't completely correct it, but it still looked pretty good so I pressed on. Now I find that I've made several more mistakes, and while the baby won't know the difference, and my niece is lovely and wouldn't say anything about it - I don't like that it's imperfect. Cece deserves better.

So, it's time to frog. I don't think I could have finished this in the next two weeks, so better to rip it out and try for a better one to give later. Still - I'm pleased with my progress and feel like I'm learning!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Sandy said...

Sorry you need to frog, I always hate doing that, but it's good you're making headway and learning. I'm about to do the same myself with my first attempt with cables. Was doing well, then....not. Err

Blogger Wormie said...

Thanks, Sandy! I'm a long long way from knitting cables, but I have mastered them in crochet!

Anonymous Sandy said...

Swinging by to say Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG