Sunday, January 30, 2011
Inappropriate
My attempts to make Stuffy Bear the 2nd, are not going well. I'm using a very fluffy plush yarn, and it's impossible to see the stitches. I'm crocheting blindly, so even though I'm counting my stitches, they're way off. My first attempt ended up with a large "bulge" in it. Let's just say that the resulting shape of the bear is inappropriate for a child's toy!

I started again, but my stitch count just got messed up. Because you can't see the stitches and the bear is crocheted in the round, it's almost impossible to frog it and start back in the middle.

I think I'm going to have to call this attempt a failure. Looks like I need to shop for some other yarn to make a cute not-x-rated bear with.


3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I JUST BOXED UP AROUND 8 OR 9 SKEINS OF YARN THAT I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH. SHE LIKES IT. I ALSO PUT WHAT I WAS WORKING ON IN THE BOX.

Blogger Sandy said...

Sorry you're having issues, but I do relate. I tried to crochet with yarn I've used for knitting before; but couldn't see the stitches and so gave up. It's frustrating I know.

Happy V Day tomorrow.
Sandy

Blogger Sandy said...

Me again, making blog rounds hoping things are going well for you.

Hope to see you visiting again.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG