Thursday, February 11, 2010
It's done!


My octagon motif baby blanket if finished!

I wanted to do another round on the edging, but it started to ripple so I tore it out. It's now complete with just one border of magenta dc.

I like this pattern because it hides the mistakes well. There are a few in there, but I don't think they are obvious.

I plan to do another octagon motif blanket using solid octagons in an effort to use up a lot of scrap yarn. I don't think the solids will be as visually compelling, but I think it will be pretty and there won't be so many ends to work in.

This blanket will be donated to Marine Corps Kids.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Sherri I said...

The octagon afghan turned out really neat! And it is going to a good cause. Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Ghost said...

whenever i see this it makes me feel so happy.

Blogger Mel said...

Congratulations on a job well done! Somebody is going to be so lucky! It's so bright and festive - it is definitely a cheerful blanket!

Anonymous Angie said...

Very bright and cheerful. I love it!

Blogger Kate said...

Your octagon baby blanket is fabulous! Well done. It is so bright and colourful and bound to cheer up someone's day.

Blogger Jessica said...

Delia, that is so beautiful! Can I request one when/if another came comes around? :)

Blogger Sandy said...

This is gorgeous...but the thought of all those ends to tuck in makes me cringe. What wonderful bright cheery colors.

Sandy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG