Thursday, January 28, 2010
Crochet Motifs

I like making crochet motifs. Grannies are fun, but I love the fancy squares,octagons and flower motifs that I see. The problem is that I hate joining them. Sewing them bores me and joining as you go can get tedious. Also the constant color changes can be cumbersome.

Yesterday I tried making some of the wool-monger's square. It's a beautiful motif, but I'm sure I won't be making more - I don't have the patience.

Today I tried making some octagon motifs. I really like the fun color combo's, and it's easy enough to join as I go. Still, the color changes will probably keep me from making a large and beautiful project from these. Who knows - maybe I'll surprise myself. The nice thing about motifs, is that it's easy to do one or two, then put the project down for later.


3 Comments:

Blogger Ghost said...

I love the colors you choose and I want to try these also. Looks like Simply Soft yarn. I love that yarn too.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I should make grannies with all my bits and pieces, but like you, I don't like to join them.

Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE THEM AND EVERYTHING ELSE. I'VE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH YOU JUST HAVEN'T BEEN POSTING. WHAT IF YOU MAKE A SCARF OUT OF THEM FOR MCK? THE KIDS WOULD LOVE THEM.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG