Wednesday, December 23, 2009
More Texture

I warped the loom to make another textured piece with weft and warp floats.

I used Cascade 220 in purple for the warp and Plymouth Baby Alpaca for the weft.

This time I decided to play with different patterns alternating 1, 2 and 3 floats in the pattern. Honestly, I was disseminated. I don't love the way this looks. The yarn is beautiful, but in this combination the pink looks very baby colored and the texture just has no pizazz.

Then I took a peak at the bottom side of the loom. It's very hard to see the pattern upside down when holding up the loom, but it looks REALLY interesting! I can't wait to finish this piece to see the texture on the underside of the fabric! It looks like it will be richly textured and create an intricate pattern.

This experimenting is fun!


1 Comments:

Blogger Ghost said...

I don't think this is one of my favorites but I know a lot of work goes into making these and I am sure beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG