Monday, December 21, 2009
Cool Pot Holder


We spent Thanksgiving with my SIL's family, and while at her house I saw that she had some really great crocheted pot holders. She said that a friend of hers had made them and that they were great because they are really thick.

This morning I stumbled across the pattern online and had to try making one. The photos show the front and back of the finished piece.

I really like this pattern. Unlike some potholders that I've tried before, this is 2 layers thick, so it really will be great in protecting hands from hot handles. It was also fun to make.

I used one ball of Sugar 'n Cream in Butter Cream Ombre. In the photo, the pot holder looks like it's done in pastel shades, but the yarn is really shades of gold, sea-foam, blue and salmon.

I'm very pleased with this quick and easy pattern, and will make more of these. They're great for around the house and will make for nice gifts.


2 Comments:

Blogger Ghost said...

I love these. Have made a whole set of placemats this way and have my own coaster too. Great for potholders too. Nice and thick. I like the colors on yours.

Blogger LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

I really like the colors you used.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG