Thursday, November 19, 2009
A treat for me!
I've been having so much fun lately weaving scarves for gifts - this one is a gift for me!

Hubby treated me to a few skeins of a Plymouth Yarn's Baby Alpaca D.K. in a gorgeous shade of soft pink. He insisted that I use it to make something for myself. I combined it with the beautiful pastel sugar cane yarn, and came up with this.

I just love it! I've very pleased with the workmanship. I don't know if it shows well in the photo, but there is a slight textured rib in the warp that add a little interest and richness.

Working on this I was so afraid that I was going to ruin some gorgeous yarns. The alpaca is strong, but delicate, and it stretched out on the warp. It probably was a very risky choice to use it on the warp, but I'm so glad I did. The yarn combination is lovely and I'm looking forward to wearing this! I'm a pink person, so I think I'll have lots of opportunities to show it off.



On a negative note - I have hookers block! I've made a few hats for the local homeless shelter, but I'm having a heck of a time completing any crochet projects. Today I really wanted to work on a motif afghan project. I tried making a hexagon square, but didn't like it. Then I tried a daisy square - ripped it out 3 times before I gave up. I love crochet and have no intention of stopping, but lately everything I touch with my hook turns to scrap.


1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

You are so good with color!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG