Monday, November 30, 2009
My first attempt at Houndstooth

This is my first try at creating a hound's tooth pattern on the loom. I warped up a small project because I was sure I would mess up, but it is surprisingly easy! I think it's coming out rather well - so far.

I'm sure that there is a more professional way to work the changing of the shuttle. My right edge is neat, but noticeably different from the left. If any weavers are reading this - is there a trick to that?

I'd like to buy the book Textures and Patterns for the Rigid Heddle Loom by Betty Davenport. I'm told that is THE book to learn different pattern techniques, but for now, I'm happy to be experimenting with things that seem to be working!




1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Looks great!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG