Saturday, November 14, 2009
Bad News - Good News
Life is filled with ups and downs. Luckily for me, over the years I've changed from a pessimist to someone with a lot of hope. I think that things happen for a reason, and even the bad things usually lead to something good.

Last week there was another round of layoffs at my job, and my position was cut. This is clearly a bad thing. It wasn't planned, it wasn't my choice, and it's somewhat unsettling. I have to believe that things will work out for the best though. It's a tough economy and a tough job market, but it's also an opportunity to look at my options and decided what my next right move is. I wouldn't have chosen to be in this position, but since I am, I'm going to have to try and make the best of it.

Things might be tight for a little while. I had done some of my holiday shopping early. The rest will be handmade. Luckily, a few weeks ago I took advantage of some GREAT sales at my favorite local yarn store. I was able to buy some really sumptuous yarns at a fraction of their usual price. So..... I have a great yarn stash to weave and crochet holiday gifts with while I look for my next career opportunity!

I guess the bottom line is that I don't have much real good news to share, but I do have a lot to be hopeful about and a lot to be thankful for. My husband is my biggest fan and my rock. My family, friends and community have been incredibly supportive. How can I feel badly when I'm surrounded by so much love ...and so much yarn?


1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Oh Wormie! I'm so sorry to hear this! ((hugs))

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG