Sunday, October 04, 2009
My favorite Yarn Shops



For charity crochet, I can ususally find what I need at the chain craft stores like Michael's and Joann's. The both recently expanded their yarn assortments and have some fun options.

Since I got into Weaving, I'm having fun using some more interesting yarns, and spending more time in the local yarn stores - very dangerous places I might add.


The are two local yarn shops that are so delightful I wanted to blog about them.

The first it "In a Yarn Basket" which is here in Bloomington. The store is delightful. The owners and workers are some of the nicest, most helpful, and downright funny people I've ever met. They remember their customers, greet them like family, and are always there to help and provide excitement. I love going to In a Yarn Basket. A visit to the store is always fun, and their yarn assortment makes me feel like a kid in a candy shop!

My friend Kandy recently told me about another great yarn store not too far away. This one is in Morgantown - about a 40 minute drive for me, but worth it! Sheep Street is an amazing store! It is on a sheep farm so you can actually see and interact with some of the sheep that these amazings yarns come from.

The owners are very knowledgeable, and are just friendly, smart, and warm people. Prices are great and visiting the store is a complete experience. I challenge you to leave without buying - I don't think it can be done - not with the beautiful yarns and great prices they feature!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just drooling over that crochet/yarn store! Don't think I've seen such a selection before in such a large area.

By the way what did you mean(yarn shops), they are dangerous places?

Crochet Mom

Blogger Ahipara Girl said...

Dangerous on the wallet I concur but delightful none the less for the avid yarn lover. jumped here from Devine Colour Blog. x

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG