Sunday, September 20, 2009
My first crafting injury


I posted about my first knit project, and about my first weaving project (my first crochet project pre-dated the blog). Today I get to post about my first crafting injury. I slammed my rotary cutter into my index finger. Ouch! That smarts! I highly recommend that you use more care than I did and avoid a similar cut. It went pretty deep and it smarts, but I think I'll live.

Luckily, I didn't bleed on the new nursing shawl that I made. I'm calling this one Aquamarine because the colors blended in an unexpected way, and it reminds me of seaweed. Aquamarine is a better name than Kelp.

While I'm not thrilled with the colors of this one, the fabric is very drapey and soft. I also used a sewn edge before the fringe which made it much easier for me to finish the piece. I'm not sure if what I did is a formal method, so I'll need to research finishing methodologies.

This one will also be donated to Marine Corps Kids. Right now, I think I need to go put some ice on my finger. Owie!


3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I'M SO SORRY, TAKE IT EASY AND BE OH SO CAREFUL NEXT TIME. I'VE HAD A CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH MINE A FEW TIMES BUT SO FAR NO BLOOD.

Blogger sara said...

ow! On a happy note, your fingernails are beautiful!

Anonymous Sherri I said...

I just want to say that I really like the colors in your shawl. Someone else will too!

Heal quickly.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG