Sunday, September 07, 2008
Autumn Baby
This is another baby sweater made using the Kollegiate Hooker's Summer Set Pattern. I love this little sweater pattern, and I've made quite a few of them.

This time I used Reynold's Kids Cottentail yarn that I got yesterday in a blind grab bag sale at In the Yarn Basket. This isn't a terribly expensive yarn but it's a step or two up from the yarns I usually buy at the large chain stores. I love it!!

The yarn is softer than the mass-marketed cotton yarns that I usually use. It's hard to describe, and it doesn't show up in the photo, but this yarn worked up more easily and was really fun to work with.

I won't be giving up my stash of "every day" yarns. I can't afford to go fancy, and for my charity projects I like to choose soft but durable yarns that can be machine laundered. However, I think that every now and then I might treat myself with a "fancy" yarn purchase! It really was a nice change to work with this yarn!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Love the colors...been a long time since you came visiting...come over; I'll pour us a glass of wine and we can chat.

Have a great wkend.
Sandy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG