Friday, August 29, 2008
Gaggle? Flock? Herd?

This morning I was running very late for work. We had VIP visitors, so it was not a good day to be late. As I pulled out of the driveway and drove up the street, I saw something that delighted me!!! Not a deer (that always delights me!), but something totally unexpected.

A gaggle, a flock - let's just call it a big mess of of wild turkey!!! I didn't realize we had wild turkey here, and seeing them was quite a thrill.

I can get used to this country living!!!


On the crochet front, I'm working on a blanket for co-worker who is expecting her baby girl very soon. She has two older boys and is just thrilled to be having a girl. Like it or not, this child will be dressed in pink ruffles and bows for as long as she needs her mom's help getting dressed.

The jury is still out on this blanket. I'm using Bernat Lulu. It's amazingly soft and cuddly, but almost impossible to work with (which is probably why they discontinued it). I'm mixing it with a baby weight yarn to make finding the stitches more easy - I need to get some more done before I'll be able to decide if I like it or not.


1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I encountered wild turkeys one day while photographing in a an old cemetery and it was pretty exciting. I had never seen them like that...with their red...thing hanging down from their neck. They looked right at me. I sized them up, and they sized me up. Each of us trying to decide if we should run or if the other was ok...safe. Was funny.

Glad you had such a neat thing happen on your way to work.

Good luck with the yarn. There are some that just don't work up nearly as nice as they feel when we do the charmin thing and squeeze them in the stores.

Thanks for the note letting me know the mail arrived. Appreciate it, and the nice compliment.

Hugs
Sandy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG