Sunday, April 06, 2008
Beyond the Hook

I haven't posted too many new crochet projects recently because there haven't been many. I am working on a crazy stitch baby blanket that is taking a bit longer than I would like, but which should look really nice when I'm done. Unfortunately work and business travel have cut into my crochet time during the past few weeks. I'm not complaining - for the first time in too many years I'm really enjoying my work and the people I work with. It's really been great.

Outside of work, hubby and I are busy with house planning! We're building a new home that should be finished sometime late this summer, and it's been a lot of fun choosing wood and tile and all those little touches that make a house a home! The house is going to be really beautiful, and the builder has been fabulous to work with!

We're also really enjoying our new town! Now that the weather is warming up, we can get out and about more! This weekend was GREAT! Yesterday we were out running errands when I suggested we take a drive down to the reservoir - just a few mile south of where our new home will be. Well, we turned off onto some country roads and ended up taking a very scenic tour of Southern Indiana. It was lovely! We drove through rolling hills passing beautiful forests and lovely farm land. Lots of cows and horses on the way! We ended up near Columbus, so we stopped there to enjoy a quick peak at some of the beautiful architecture in town. I was amazed by the art and architecture in this small city! There was some incredible buildings by renown architects and lots of public art including spectacular pieces by Henry Moore and Chihuly! The downtown trees were also "dressed" in tree sweaters that seemed to have been crocheted or knitted by the locals! I just loved seeing some of the creative things that they did, and how the city is supporting all forms of art and crafts! On the way home we stopped by the outlet mall where we did find a few bargains!

Today was another great day! After visiting our foundation ( can't call it a house yet - just a crawl space and garage slab) we indulged ourselves with a treat from Brusters Ice Cream - YUM! We never lived near a Brusters before, and that's probably a good thing, because the ice cream was delicious (I was behaved and had the fat-free no-sugar-added ice cream, but it was rich and delicious and tasted awfully fattening!). Then, on the way home, at the last moment I asked hubby to turn off the main road so we could visit Griffy Lake - a reservoir and city park here in town. It was lovely! The lake was filled with honking geese. Lots of people out boating and fishing. It was really delightful. I had sandals on and wasn't prepared for any real liking, but we enjoyed a nice long walk through the more flat hiking trails along the lake. It was relaxing and beautiful! We stopped by the boat dock and inquired about rentals - they rent our row boats, canoes and kayaks at very reasonable rates, and I'm guessing that as the weather continues to improve we'll be spending more time enjoying the lake and the trails!

So now it's 8pm and the sun is thinking about setting. I'm happy after having enjoyed a really lovely weekend, and think I'll grab my crochet and see if I can get some progress done on the blanket. I must say, life beyond the hook has been wonderful!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG