Sunday, March 16, 2008
Pathetic

My husband might tell you I have a competitive nature. I don't know about that - I think I'm just a bit pathetic.

I don't want to win the cookie competition at work tomorrow, but I wasn't satisfied with the butterfly cookies. I could have just let well enough be and gotten points for participating, but no... I had to make another batch of cookies.

This time I hand cut the butterfly wings so that I could make them "stained glass" and put them on sticks.
For the second batch, I let my husband pound the candy for me with some dangerous looking hammer/mallet thing. That made the candy pieces much smaller and finer, and let them melt more cleanly.

So, now I have better butterflies and a basket full of stained glass flowers, butterflies and mini-taster cookies for tomorrows event.

I still don't want to win, but I'm happier with my entry.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

THIS ONE HAS TO BE A WINNER. LET US KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT.

Blogger Wormie said...

Alas, It won.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG