Sunday, January 27, 2008
Sophisticated Stripe Baby Blanket


When I'm making baby blankets I'm always shopping for cute baby patterns. I love teddy bears, Winnie the Pooh, and all the precious baby patterns that are out there.

There are some moms though, who prefer more grown up patterns for their little ones, and I decided I wanted to make some pretty baby blankets that would appeal to them.

This striped fabric isn't a traditional baby pattern, but I loved the color combination. With cream, brown, pink, periwinkle, lime and orange stripes, this pattern is a bit more sophisticated than rubber duckies, and could be used for baby boys or girls.

I bought enough fabric to make a few blankets. This first one I edged in periwinkle. I really like the way it came out. I have more yarn in pink and in cream that coordinates with this fabric, but I really like the way this yarn calls out that blue stripe. I think it helps to make this more grown up pattern a bit more youthful.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

That is really pretty!

Blogger Sandy said...

I love the fleece blankets with the pretty edges. I've never heard of or seen in my craft shopping an edgerydoo....could you post a picture of link on my blog, so I know what it is I'm looking for.

Loved looking at the pics from things donated. How many gifts do you send each person? Is there a working list with info...I'm thinking what a new first time mom needs might be differnt than one having her third is why I ask.

Thanks Wormie, I remember you from Crochetville or the other forum who's name isn't coming to mind.

I've been active over in yahoo for ahwile and have lost touch with my crochet buds here in blogger land.

Thanks
Sandy

Blogger Kathy said...

LOVE THE BLANKETS. THE BLUE EDGING LOOKS GREAT.

Blogger Sandy said...

Thanks wormie for coming by and leaving the information about the tool, I appreciate it. Got it on my list of things to buy.

Welcome mats always out, hope you'll pop in again.

Sandy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG