Monday, October 01, 2007
Moving Woes
I am not a good mover. Worms are slow moving critters. We wiggle and we squiggle, but we don't get all that far - so..... a move from Florida to Indiana is a big deal for me!! It's been going pretty well. The packing is mostly done, but now that we're getting down to the wire, I'm feeling rising panic. I thought I bought way too many boxes. Now I'm sure I don't have enough. I think we're in good shape, but I'm sure the movers will come and we won't be packed.

And then there is the whole thing of driving all the way to Indiana. I'll be in my car with the two vocal cats. Honey will be in his truck with the one sulking cat. I hate driving, and the thought of 17.5 hours of it may have me break out in hives. The cats get tranquilizers - I can't take anything - I'm driving!!!

I'm ready to get out of Florida and start something new, but there will be a few friends who I will miss so much that it hurts. And while I thought I wouldn't miss anything but those few friends, I almost cried at the vets office today. Dr. Ferber has been my vet for 11 years. He took care of Bogey when he hurt his back. He was there for my Birdie. When Tater was so sick, he went above and beyond the call of duty to help him get well. I hope I can find as dear a vet in Indiana.

I'm sure I'll find other things that I'll miss. The familiarity of a place that's been home for so long. Indiana is beautiful though, and I think that I've found a great new job with a wonderful company. There is a lot of culture there - art shows, musical festivals, and theater. In addition to the regular chains, they have a fabulous local art store! They sell yarn and wheels and looms - Hubby has already told me that he's giving me a belated birthday gift of a lesson on the loom. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I save up the money to buy one!!!

So....this will be a great new start, and I really am looking forward to it, but right now - today, I feel a bit sad and nostalgic and worried and stressed out. Luckily, tomorrow is another day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG