Saturday, September 08, 2007
Mile High Hookin' Club





Honestly, I don't know how I survived flying before I began crocheting! Flights are so long and boring, and a hook and a skein of yarn make the time "fly by". This week I went out of town, and it was a great opportunity to get some caps made on the plane.




I started off making the multi-colored scrap cap. I had been collecting a lot of tiny balls of yarn, and this was a great way to use up the scraps while making a fun and cheery chemo cap. This cap is just rows of DC using whatever colors I had available.

Then, a family with two young kids came and sat right in front of me. The kids were adorable, but the 2 year old was being quite vocal about the fact that she did "not like this!". I did what any responsible hooker would do. Switched hooks and made the little flower cap to give to her. It might not make her like flying, but it couldn't hurt. In the end, she put on her headphones, watched a movie and was a great little flyer! By the time I was done with the cap, she was having so much fun, that I couldn't get her attention to give it to her. That's ok, I'll donate it to Operation Marine Corps Kids, where some little girl may like it.


Finally, I had time to make the 3-color version of my Racer Cap. I must admit that I just love this one. The red cap with the black and white check make me think Nascar. Might have to try it in a bright yellow version too!

The Scrap Cap and the Racer Cap will be donate to Roswell Park Cancer Center.

You don't need to have a long flight to be an active hooker!


1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I am getting ready to fly in Oct. and I was wondering could I crochet on the plane.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG