Sunday, August 19, 2007
What a feeling!

Any of you who crochet, know how great it feels when others admire your work. What feels even better is when you share a pattern and others like it. I don't think of myself as a designer, but every now and then I make something that I like and choose to share it here on my blog. I'm delighted when I hear that others like my patterns and share their success with them!
I've had some great response to the recent Sugar and Spice hat pattern that I posted. Several people have commented or e-mailed me about that pattern.
The photo above shows crocheter Dgngems' version of the Sugar and Spice hat as modeled by her adorable niece.
She modified the size as follows:
I used 1 strand each of Lion Brand Baby Soft "Cream"and Caron Simply Soft "Bone"
and a G/4.5mm hook. The fancy yarn is some Italian stuff I got on sale at a local
yarn shop, the yarn's by Apolia or something like that and is just called "Gold".
The size ended up being for a child that wears 3T-4T. I also wove a strand of the
fancy fur through round 9 so [my niece] can tighten the hat if she wants to.Thanks
again for a great pattern! I'm going to add it to all my baby gifts!
Thank you, Dgngems, for sharing your photo! It's so great to see how others interpret the design and how it looks in other yarns! Your hat and your niece are both adorable!!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just beautiful, Delia! Very nice- you should be so proud for designing it yourself. Wow!

Btw, the little niece is pretty darn cute, too.
:)

Cindy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG