Sunday, August 26, 2007
More Chemo Caps





These are two more chemo caps that I made today.

The red one is just something I made up as I went. I used Caron Simply Soft in red and an H hook. It's just a basic no-frills cap, but towards the bottom rows I created a very subtle pattern by working rows of sc with triple crochet stitches interspersed. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but it adds a pretty and subtle texture to the hat.

The second cap is one that I made using Lyn from Angelcrafts Pink Ribbon Chemo Cap Pattern. I just love this pattern and will use it to make more awareness ribbon caps (in more awareness colors). I used some Red Heart Yarn for this, but did find that I had to make it a bit larger than the pattern called for. I used an H hook, and I added one additional row of increasing on the crown before working the sides. The pattern calls for a G hook, but I think the next time I make it I will try to use an I or J hook and follow the pattern exactly. In any case, I like the way that it turned out and I think that in other colors and without the rosette, this cap could be great for men or women.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG