Saturday, June 23, 2007
I did it...
and I'm going to blog it to keep myself accountable.

I re-joined Weight Watchers. A few years ago I got serious about eating right and exercising. I lost a lot of weight, looked great (if I may say so myself), felt great, and had great habits. One painful divorce and a few years later, the weight is back. I'm not as fat as I was, but I'm even heavier, and I don't like the way I look or feel.

She doesn't know it, but my dear friend Lynn - who was a great inspiration when I was on WW, just inspired me to rejoin on-line, so I signed up. It's prepaid and I'm cheap so I better just do it!

I did the flex point system in the past and it worked for me. This time I signed up to try the core program. It provides a list of healthy filling foods that you can eat when you like, and then gives some guidelines for special treats. I don't know if this will work as well for me as the flex system did, but I can switch programs if I'm not successful.

So.....tomorrow I go to the grocery store to buy a lot of healthy foods and I get serious about my food choices. I need to also get off my butt and get serious about exercise. WW sets healthy goals - attainable ones, so while I need to lose more, my first goal is to lose 15 pounds.

I'm not going to blog my eating/exercising - but once a week I'm going to post my progress (or lack of) to keep me honest and motivated.

So.... wish me luck!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I wish you the best :)

Blogger sara said...

well, wormie dear. You have a friend in there with you. I just signed up.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG