Monday, June 11, 2007
Embrace-a-doo


I thought it might be fun to try doing my Embrace Shawl in fleece with my Egerydoo.

I think that this is a good charity project for chemo patients and folks in rehab. Using fleece they can be made more quickly than in all crochet, and they're soft, warm and washable.

This one was a good starting point, but its not quite right yet. I'm going to create a pattern that's slightly more shaped. I left too much "neck space" on this one, and I think I should make a tiny sleeve rather than the flat wrap.

I also find that as much as I love my Edgerydoo, I don't do well when I punch the holes through multiple layers. I end up with some holes too far into the fabric and some too close to the edge. I'll probably send this one to the hospital, but I know I can do better. Luckily there was a sale on fleece at Joanns - I have plenty of fabric with which to perfect it!



1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Love the embrace shawl. That edgerydoo does a lot better job than Momma Griggs ice pick.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG