Friday, May 25, 2007
Is it me???
I know that everyone has stress on the job - I'm not special, so I wonder if there is something wrong with me that I am so stressed out that it's becoming unbearable.

Perhaps I'm just tired from back to back 58 hour works week.
Perhaps I'm just frustrated by the refusal of some people to do things the right way, and the extra work it causes me in fixing problems that never should have been problems in the first place.
Perhaps its the fact that I'm running a company that is understaffed.
Perhaps its that some other workers have problems understanding that doing their jobs involves follow up.

I don't know, but there is something very wrong when a woman of my advance middle-aged years can't get through the day without tears.
And there is something wrong when the ONLY thing that keeps you from walking out on the job is the fact that you are having a medical scan, and that the remote possibility that it will find something wrong would be disastrous if you walk out and lose your health insurance.
And there is something wrong when you can't sleep because the pile of unfinished projects that is left on your desk after your 11 hour work day is higher than the stack you found first thing in the morning.

So I'm left with the question - is it me?

Everyone has stress at work. I don't think that my job is that much worse than most other people's, so why am I reaching a level of frustration and stress that is verging on unbearable? Are my stress management skills that bad that getting through the day is a monumental task, or is there something seriously wrong with the work environment, organizational structure and demands.

Honestly, I don't know.
Probably a bit of both, but frankly, right now that's not much comfort.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang on in there, sometimes these things just seem to last for ever, and then, just like taht, it's gone and everything is fine again.

Just try to keep in mindr life can be such a cool thing :o)

{{{hug}}}

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG