Thursday, April 19, 2007
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
I try to be nice, but sometimes I just get opinionated, and I know that maybe I should keep my opinions to myself, but....heck....it's my blog.

I don't say this to be mean, but sometimes I see crocheted pieces that are so beautiful and so.....out there. I happen to love the site What Not To Crochet. Some people think it's a horribly mean site - I think it's funny. Most of the featured items are made with a lot of tallent, but sometimes a poor choice of color or a somewhat outrageous pattern makes the piece a bit ...out there.

Today, someone pointed out this bathing suit. The workmanship is beautiful. The color combination is lovely. The design is intricate and well done. Still.... I have to ask myself, why? Why would someone with so much tallent spend so much time on something that just can't be worn? Even if you're young and thin and have a model's figure - that piece just can't be worn. It's time and energy spent to show off - maybe that's reason enough for it to exist - when I saw it I thought "Wow", but what would I have thought if so much work and skill went into something that could be worn, and enjoyed and seen?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG