Saturday, September 30, 2006
Krystal's Daisy Cap










A few weeks ago my hubby and I were eating out, and I saw a decorative plate with a daisy in the center. I thought, what a cute hat that would make for a little girl. I was determined to make one! My design skills are rough at best, and after thinking about it I realized that I had no idea how to go about making one. It became a project for the future.

Then, a few days ago, Krystal posted her amazing design for a daisy square (see my previous post). It's an intricate design and a really beautiful one. I've made 3 and I've really enjoyed the pattern. I realized that Krystal had already designed the cap for me! I can't take credit for the design - it's all hers, but by making Krystal's square and leaving off the corners, I was able to make what I think is a cute and cheerful chemo cap for a young girl.

The photos show my first try. I'm sure I'll make more. This one I'm going to mail to Krystal, along with one of her squares, to go to her charity of choice, but I'll be making more of these to send to Roswell Park Cancer Center and to other charities for kids in need.

Thanks, Krystal!


3 Comments:

Blogger Krochet Krystal said...

You are MOST welcome! Great imagination!

Blogger didough said...

Hello there - I belong to the Krochet Krystal Yahoo group and just wondered if you could please give me some idea of how you amended the daisy pattern to make your lovely version, "Krystal's Daisy Cap". Many thanks - Di (in UK)

Blogger Wormie said...

Hi Di.
I made this so long ago that I don't really remember the details. Basically, I followed Krystal's pattern to make the flower, then, instead of making the corners of the square, I just kept working in the round to create the hat. Hope that helps.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG