Sunday, June 18, 2006
I get by with a little help from my friends
And I get a pretty new blog look with a lot of help!
Thanks to the patience and generosity of a friend, I got a new look here at my blog, and I love it!!! Thanks so so much! I'm so lucky to have great friends!!!


Well, today wasn't a productive day for crochet. Didn't get much done, but that's ok. Took care of some other things. I did want to try Tunisian Crochet today. I bought some Tunisian (or Afghan) crochet hooks recently, and wanted to try. Tunisian crochet it a method where you work the piece on one side only. From right to left you load a lot of loops onto the hook, and then one by one you remove them from left to right. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to do, and it has a neat and completely different look than traditional crochet.

The hooks I bought are huge, and I don't have any really chunky yarn to practice with. Just for fun, I took out some thin crochet thread and a tiny hook and practiced with that. It's so small and delicate that I can't get a clear photo to show it, but I love the look. When I get my yarn stash down - way down - so that I can buy more yarn, I'm going to need to try playing with Tunisian. Until then, I may play around with thread. I like the look. :)

Simple instructions for Tunisian / Afghan Stitch can be found here (scroll down towards the bottom)


2 Comments:

Blogger Batya said...

Your blog is gorgeous!

I have a friend who does the most gorgeous work with Tunisian crochet. She's made some wonderful children's afghan's with intricate designs. Her husband is mechanically inclined and keeps threatening to forge her some longer needles 'cause he hates the whippy things used on the ends of the really long needles. He was mocked by the other men in the room, but I thought the idea was outstanding.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG