Monday, May 29, 2006
Draw your weapon!
This weekend a dear friend of ours visited with her four sons. They're all great boys, but lets face it - boys can be boys! These four are great, but they've provided us with many funny stories for many hours of laughter. Finding activities for 7 that will keep four boys ranging from 9 to 19 happy is a challenge! I really didn't want to have any ER visits, so the joke was that we would stay home all weekend and I would teach them all to crochet. That was pretty funny - the blank stare of eight eyes - not quite sure if I was joking or not. Of course their mom assured me that a crochet hook CAN be turned into a weapon of mass destruction, and seeing these four, I believe her!

Finally the little guy decided that he wanted me to teach him to crochet. He just had to make something. Well, I think this was just a ploy to please and to postpone his approaching bedtime. He never got his lesson, but they'll be back here on Thursday night, and I promised to give him a lesson and a hook and yarn that he can take with him. We'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, I didn't do much crochet this weekend. Did make 2 more bookmarks for the shower, and now I'm working on my Baby Gerry Bear.

One tip I wanted to share. I can't take credit for it - I got the idea from another crocheter, and I wish I remember who so I can give her credit. This pattern is one with lots of rows and count changes, and I have to take notes as I go to keep my place. I'm using a plastic page protector and a dry erase marker to keep my place and make notes. The markers wipe off clean from the plastic, and the pattern stays clean and ready to file away for next time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG