Thursday, May 11, 2006
Challenges

I still think of myself as a a beginner or advance beginner. Sometimes I see a pattern that I just fall in love with, and I save it for when I'm "good enough". Well, when I saw this sweater pattern, I fell in love with it. I thought it was so pretty. With 2 babies expected in the family, I really wanted to try it. I didn't think I could master it, but it would be good practice and all I stood to lose was some yarn, so....

I tried it, and I learned an important lesson. Never underestimate yourself. I think this sweater is beautiful, and it looks rather fancy, but when it came down to making it, it was fairly simple. The pattern doesn't involve any special stitches. It's actually a simple pattern. I finished it in about 3 evenings, and I'm really pleased with the results.

I also heard from my mom today. She received her Mother's Day gifts in the mail. She called to tell me how much she likes the sweater. When I asked if it fit, she said "no", but she really appreciated the work that I put into it and into the bag, and that made me feel really good.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG